Some Photo Fun of Art, Chatter, Crafts, Pets, and Travel... California style ^_^

Monday, October 18, 2010

Trip to Palomar Mountain

I love Fall. My PMLE really limits what I can do during the day, so a day of cloudiness and cold makes me happy. The bf had been wanting to bring me to the Palomar Mountain Observatory, so here are some pictures of the trip. :)

These are taken with my Sony Cyber-shot 7.2mp camera and are as usual, clickable! (Although they may be huge, sorry :P).

Nice and cloudy :)


We liked the pink trees. Plumeria I believe??


Going up the mountain now :). Took a few of these pictures blind (stuck my hand out the window) and luckily some came out nice.


I like the contrast of the road, dead bushes, and greenery. That line is the antenna... had to think about that one for a minute.


Here we are at the top of the mountain, just outside the observatory. I believe this was Gus Park, or was it Gill? A nice picnic sort of area with huge granite and trees. LOTS of shade :)


Shot through the trees :). Didn't mean for the tree to be so dark but I like it looks against the sky. I need to learn how to use this camera. Or cameras in general.


Here are two different species of trees which grew into each other. Team work :)


And here is the observatory. Looks like something out of Atlantis to me :)


I guess I'll stop here for now. :) I'll post the pictures inside the observatory and a few I took afterward in a day or so. It's been a tiring day and tomorrow I'll be going to Los Angeles garment district to hopefully get some accessories! Leaving bright and early to be back in time for piano lessons in the afternoon. Hopefully I'll make it back in time.

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment