Some Photo Fun of Art, Chatter, Crafts, Pets, and Travel... California style ^_^

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Bargain accessories @ LA Garment District

The first and last time I went to the LA Garment district was about... 10 years ago. I just got a little bit afraid thinking about that. I was 15 and had driven up with two of my aunts. I ended up alone for several hours wandering around. $100 got me a LOT of stuff.

I'll be going again in a couple weeks. My aunt goes every month. Her last trip was -specifically- in search of headbands, earrings, and bracelets. She's into fashion, trends, shopping, and getting a great deal. Here are some of the goodies she got for me :)

Note: All of these pictures are clickable. I took them with my 7.2MP camera and did not downsize the images at all.

The material here looks a bit like leather, although I don't think they are.

Here is a rose with some mesh and feathers. It's pretty although I think a bit of contrasting color or even metallic fabric would have made it that much better. It works for me since my hair is bright red:

What's also nice about many of these headbands is that the accessories are clipped to the band and can easily be switched out :)


Three huge flowers with metallic and feathers :)

Here's one with my talking Stitch doll:

And another one of Stitch. This grey headband is beautiful, and HUGE! :)


These are pins and can be clipped directly to the hair, onto a headband, or onto clothes. These are linen, I think.


Here are some bracelets I own. The two on the left were purchased from Forever21. Other two from garment district. They cost about the same. I love them all but look at how much more detail and jewels the LA ones have. (Click these to see them up close, wow!)


Closer, blurry shot :(


And here is the backside of it, just to show the detail:

And finally, here are the earrings I got. In case you couldn't tell, I like em big, dangly, and sparkly :)


I have to add, my aunt is a business owner and therefore has a business license. Most won't sell you wholesale prices unless you have your license with you. But even at normal price, these are much cheaper than you'd ever find in department stores.

Good luck :) I hope that I will have some more cool stuff to show you all in a few weeks.

<3

1 comment:

  1. I love the headbands. I want to make hair accessories. I think that would be a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete