Some Photo Fun of Art, Chatter, Crafts, Pets, and Travel... California style ^_^

Monday, October 25, 2010

Reflections @ Balboa Park

GB and I decided to drive down to San Diego and visit Balboa Park. I love this place and don't get to go as often as I like now that I live up north and am too lazy to do anything but kill zombies and watch movies on tv. I have probably gone here five times during the day and dozens at night, again due to my PMLE. Although there is much more to see during the day, night has its own charm and creepiness that I love.

We took approximately 600 pictures with my Sony Cyber-shot. I'll probably post them in several blogs. This one is titled reflections because I will focus on the photos of the buildings and scenery as they reflected off of the water, namely the fountain and the reflecting pool.

I do not have much experience taking pictures at night. As many as 1 in every 3 shots was blurry. Some turned out pretty cool though, I'll try to find the manual at my mom's house and learn a bit. Here are some of my favorite shots :)

Reflecting pool, facing outwards from the botanical gardens

The length of the reflecting pool, forgot what building this was :P


Eucalyptus @ the fountain. I wish it was turned on :( damn budget cuts.


Ruben H. Fleet Center, reflecting off fountain :)


Fountain again, San Diego Natural History Museum. Apparently this is a favorite place for people to get married. If you're a dinosaur?


And finally, a shot from the fountain, facing the main roadway... and a little bit of romance <3


Well that's the end of that. We're heading to Coronado in a bit so I'll try to use my new-found night photography skills to use. Except I forgot everything I learned so... ya.

:)

5 comments:

  1. the pictures are beautiful!! Is your preview app not working too? Mine isn't working and I contacted Blogger and no word back yet. I had a blog run all messed up like yours is showing, I was wondering if yours is due to the preview not working as well?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi. I posted last night and haven't had any issues? My own blog and your blog look fine to me :) Are you referring to the pictures being messed up, or the formatting in general?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a meant was when you type a new blog you usually can click on "preview" and see what it looks like to be sure it prints ok.
    The "preview" is not working.
    When I looked at your blog your photos were overlapping some of your words...(I haven't re-checked to see if it is still like that)
    When you are able to use the "preview" it enables you to correct the problem before it posts incorrectly.
    Mine hasn't been working for the past week so in order to see if my blog is ok I have to post it first...then I have to look at it and THEN fix it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the clarification. I never use the preview button, but I did try it just now and it does post strangely. I see all the overlaps and such in PREVIEW but when I view the(my) actual blog it looks fine to me? As does your blog. I was at my bf's house using his computer and it looked fine there as well. I take my time to get my breaks and everything correctly, I really hope it hasn't looked terrible this whole time without my knowing it. lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had checked yours again after you mentioned to me that it was fine when you checked and it IS FINE! I honestly think it was I.E
    I changed to Google Chrome and now my preview works PERFECTLY!!
    I know what you mean about taking your time and all, I do the same but it was driving me nuts because I always worry about videos/photos fitting properly and I couldn't see with the preview not working.
    Sorry to be a pest about it but yours is fine now!! ((((Hugs)))

    ReplyDelete