Some Photo Fun of Art, Chatter, Crafts, Pets, and Travel... California style ^_^

Monday, November 29, 2010

Hotel del Coronado, night shots

We actually went a while ago but I've only gotten to posting some pictures now. As I've stated before, my skin condition keeps me from getting out much during the daytime. I can do a lot with my with my camera apparently, but until I do more reading it'll all be trial and error. Hopefully I'll get back here during the day and get some shots :)

Simply...


The main tower that everyone recognizes, with a bit of the moon peaking behind it, and some palms.


A patio area... it must look nuts during the day.


I like this shot that GB took of the main building, sandwiched betwixt a vending station and something else. He likes how the trashcan matches the roof of the hotel.


I'm realizing that I like the longer setting (panoramic, 16:9) for landscape shots but for vertical shots I'd rather change it back.

Moving on, inside are a bunch of stores and a tribute hall to the hotel. I like the tile.


Marilyn Monroe apparently helped make the Hotel del famous. Here's a cute montage they set up for her:


I love the picture of her on the right. Simple, classic beauty.


Kate Morgan, the famous ghost of the Hotel del... was either murdered or killed in one of the rooms back in 1892. Not sure how I feel about this one.


I didn't know that the station wagon was so cool!


A shot of a nice set-up inside the place. It's nice to see the camerawoman sometimes I think ;), that and I liked the wallpaper.


Sounded like one hell of a party in there.


And the tower once more, more vertical, with the moon! It was really hard trying to cram the whole thing in there and holding still. I was laying down on a bench :), by the beach, with GB keeping my head off the cold wood.


I like these photos smaller but as you blow them up they get grainy. I bounce between the normal setting and the 'auto' settings on my camera (Sony Cyber-shot 7.2mp) which apparently adjust according to light and what not. I really need to do some research on night photography and how the moon, spotlights, and other lights will affect the picture.

Guess I'll just have to mess with it some more... or wear sunscreen.

<3 More projects coming up next!

No comments:

Post a Comment